Mark und Interviews, Öffentlichkeit etc.

• Mark Harmon in der australischen TV Week:

Mark Harmon remembers the exact moment his career changed forever. “I went to New Guinea to do a movie when our oldest son was starting to walk, and when I came home three months later, he got out of the car by himself, walked across the curb and hugged my leg at the airport,” the 53-year-old NCIS star recalls.

“That was when I turned to my wife and said, ‘I don’t know what we have to do, sell the house or whatever, but I’m not missing this’, and that’s when I began planning my career based on being home.”

Quelle:[URL=http://tvweek.ninemsn.com.au]TV Week[/URL]

------------

Mark Harmon erinnert sich noch genau an den Moment wo sich seine Karriere für immer verändert hatte. "Ich flog nach Neu Guinea um ein Film zu drehen, gerade als unser ältester Sohn anfing zu laufen. Als ich nach drei Monaten wieder nachhause kam, stieg er alleine aus dem Auto ging alleine den Bordstein runter und umarmte mein Bein auf dem Airport", erinnert sich der 53 Jahre alte NCIS Star.

"Das war der Moment wo ich mich zu meiner Ehefrau umdrehte und sagte: 'Ich weiss nicht was wir tun müssen, unser Haus verkaufen oder sonst irgendetwas aber ich werde dies nicht verpassen' und ab da an plante ich meine Karriere so, dass ich mehr zu Hause war."

Quelle:[URL=http://tvweek.ninemsn.com.au]TV Week[/URL]

--------

Ich glaub, dazu braucht man nichts mehr wirklich zu sagen, der Artikel sagt schon alles...

• Wie süß...ich wußte schon immer das er zu Kindern ganz lieb sein kann und die Familie an oberster Stelle für ihn steht! =)

Gibbs: Hast du Blähungen?
    Kate:.....Nein!
    Gibbs: Dann hör auf zu grinsen!

• Sind einige Spoiler drin, leider. Wer sich dennoch dazu durchringt diesen Artikel zu lesen, den kann ich versprechen das man einen Lachkrampf inklusive bekommt :D :D 
    Ich hatte jedenfalls ein und das um 8 Uhr morgens auf einen Montag *gg* ...

So Have fun...

-------

Holly Decks the Halls on 'NCIS'
    Sunday, September 18 12:03 AM)

By Kate O'Hare

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Mark Harmon, who plays Naval Criminal
    Investigative Service Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs on the
    Tuesday-night CBS drama "NCIS," didn't want a fuss made about his
    birthday on Friday, Sept. 2. Apparently, his wishes were ignored by
    co-star Michael Weatherly and new cast member Lauren Holly, who
    worked with Harmon on "Chicago Hope."

The frequent victim of Harmon's practical jokes, Holly collaborated
    with Weatherly on a Harmon birthday extravaganza.

"It started out," Holly says, "with ordering 150 t-shirts that
    said, 'It's Mark Harmon's birthday,' that we passed out to the
    entire crew."

As Holly tells it, on Thursday night, she waited in her hotel room
    for the heads-up call from Weatherly that shooting was wrapping. At
    three o'clock a.m., still in her pajamas, Holly got the call, loaded
    up her car with party supplies and drove back to the show's sets in
    Santa Clarita, Calif.

"Mark had just pulled out," she says. "I almost ran into him. It was
    a very undercover mission."

She and Weatherly then proceeded to cover Harmon's trailer with
    crepe paper, helium balloons and pinatas, then dumped confetti
    inside "so it as three inches deep everywhere."

They decorated every wall, truck and trailer, then, with the
    cooperation of the art department, put up a picture of Harmon on all
    the plasma-screen displays in the squad-room set.

Holly then hopped on a plane on Friday to fly back to her husband
    and three sons in Chicago and waited for word on Harmon's reaction.

"He arrived to work with everybody dressed in the t-shirts, holding
    signs," she says. "From a distance, he told me he thought something
    had happened and there was a strike, because he saw these people
    parading around with signs.

"The executive producers called Michael. They were really
    nervous, 'Who did this? What's Mark going to say?' Michael was
    like, 'I'm not going to name any names ... Lauren Holly.'

"But in true Mark fashion, I thought he was going to freak out at
    first and then ultimately love it, but instead, he just loved it
    right off the bat. He was so happy and so touched. They had filmed
    the whole thing, his arrival, so he took the DVD home to show Pam
    (Dawber, Harmon's wife). She had a great laugh.

"It was really fun, even though he'll probably have confetti in his
    trailer for at least three seasons. But he did say to me, 'Payback's
    a bitch,' which makes me a little nervous.'"

"NCIS" returns for season three on Tuesday, Sept. 20, with "Kill Ari
    (Part 1)." It picks up on the cliffhanger season-two finale, showing
    how Gibbs and his team (Weatherly, Pauley Perrette, Sean Murray,
    David McCallum) react to the murder of Special Agent Caitlin Todd
    (Sasha Alexander, who returns for a memorable guest appearance).

Holly plays the recurring role of new NCIS Director Jenny Shepard,
    who is both Gibbs' new boss and former lover (she's a redhead, one
    of many he's romanced and/or married). Both these things --
    especially the past relationship -- should become obvious when fans
    see the premiere.

"Did you see the first episode?" Holly says. "Did you see what we
    were doing in that flashback? Holy cow. Yeah, I think there's going
    to be some interesting stuff between Mark and me."

Holly says that Harmon kept mentioning her name to "NCIS" creator
    Don Bellisario. When the right role finally came, Holly turned to
    Harmon for advice.

"I called him up and said, 'Just tell me one thing, is it a good
    place to work? Is it enough to drag me out of my suburban life
    here?' He said to me, 'Lauren, it's the best place I've ever worked.'

"I love how Pauley Perrette always says to me, 'There's not an onion
    in the salad.'"

There is one thing, though, that Holly wishes she could change about
    her first appearance.

"No comments about my hairdo," she says. "Don was very concerned
    that I come off as a boss and wanted to make that very clear. Then
    he called me and said -- which I don't think Don says very often --
    'I made a mistake. Now it's coming through in your attitude, so I
    want to loosen you up a little bit.'"

One thing Holly wouldn't change is that she got to be featured in of
    the show's visual signatures -- three-second black-and-white
    snippets that appear as the show returns from commercial, which are
    revealed later as the shot that ends the segment at the next
    commercial break.

"One of the things I was excited about," Holly says, "is that I get
    one of those black-and-white things."

Holly also has no plans to stop finding ways to tease Harmon. "He's
    got those baby blues. All you have to do is say, 'Baby blues,' 'Papa
    Bear,' 'You're so sexy.' I have a whole list of things that I say
    when I just feel like making him blush."

Quelle: Zap2it.com

• Zitat

Original von Runy
    Und hier findet ihr eine [URL=http://www.sharkysweb.de/Portal/artikel/index.php?action=show&id=5]Übersetzung[/URL], falls es jemanden interessiert :D

Wie bitte? Ich wollte unbedingt wissen, wie Mark seinen Geburtstag verbracht hab und hock mich mit meinem Wörterbuch hin, um auch ja alles zu verstehn... dann war ich endlich fertig und les jetzt es gibt ne Überzetzung??? 8o Oh man, echt ich sollte nächstes Mal erst alles durchschaun, bevor ich mir sowas nochmal antu! :P :P :P

Übrigens, cooler Beitrag. Hab mich echt he gelacht. ;)

• hey leute, ne bessere englisch übung gibts doch gar nicht ;);)

mal ehrlich, so macht englisch lernen doch spass oder nicht?
    ich bin immer ganz stolz, wenn ich wieder was in der originalversion
    oder auf englisch-sprachigen seiten verstanden und auch wieder
    was neues hinzugelernt habe ;)

• Ihr habt ja Recht, aber ich hab dadurch so viel Zeit verlorn, dass ich nicht alle Beiträge lesen können, die ich hätte lesem wollen... naja egal, konnte ich dann jetzt. :rolleyes: ;)

• Zitat

Original von dingsi
    hihi find ich toll aber ma im ernst habt ihr Gibbs irgendwann ma rotwerden sehn??? wär sicher ein süßer anblick *schmelz*

das hätte ich soooooooooooooooooooooooo gerne gesehen!!!

Meine FF:

*[URL=http://www.forum.navy-cis.de/thread.php?threadid=27154]Ein unerwartetes Wiedersehen[/URL]*

• Real American hero

Whether solving crimes on NCIS, being a devoted family man, or saving
    lives in real life, Mark Harmon is a man of principle

Article by Kyra Kirkwood and photography by Julie Dennis Brothers

Mark Harmon may have a disgruntled airplane passenger to thank for his fruitful career.

Just a few years out of college, Harmon toiled away at a thankless job while striving for a way to act full time. On the flight home from a business trip, Harmon sat next to a man who hated his job—a man not much older than himself, but decades more bitter, sucking down highballs at 10:30 in the morning and complaining up a blue streak.

Although he saw similarities in their situations, Harmon remembers how he also found some inspiration, and a way out. “I think I know what I want to try to do, but I’m scared to do it,” he recalls thinkingduring that flight.

By the time the plane landed, Harmon’s fear was gone. He quickly quit his job as a sales representative, and then sold his car, home, and just about everything he had of value. Then he began searching for acting jobs.

“There was nobody who thought that was a good idea,” recalls Harmon, 54, during a break in the filming of his popular weekly television drama, NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service. “I look back on that [flight] and go, ‘You know what, that was fateful. That was important.’ I might have still been [messing] around, trying to think if this was the right time to do it.”

It’s hard to imagine that this boyishly handsome actor didn’t have agents beating down his door. With his blue eyes and playboy grin, Harmon looks every inch the all-star athlete he was in college. But underneath it all, Harmon is a regular family guy who is dedicated to his wife of 19 years, Pam Dawber(perhaps best remembered from the television sitcom Mork & Mindy), as well as his two teen sons, and his job.

Yet his road to success wasn’t an easy trip. There were stints in forgettable television shows, auditions for classes where he didn’t have a clue what to do, minor roles in films, and some stage work in Canada. But he tackled each obstacle just as he did the gridiron when he was a quarterback for UCLA in the 1970s: He took risks, and he learned from his struggles and losses.

“The edge of the razor blade is where you learn the most,” says Harmon. Sure, it’s where you’re most likely to fail, he says, “but that’s also where you have the opportunity to gain the most.”

Harmon patterned his career path after his first mentors, people like Karl Malden and Michael Caine. Back in the late 1970s, Harmon played a bit part on the 1979 movie Beyond the Poseidon Adventure, and endured the wrath of a fiery-tempered director who couldn’t find any bigger players at whom to vent. After a few days of this, someone stepped between Harmon and the director.

Harmon recalls: “He put his hand right in the chest of the director, and he said, ‘From now on, if you have anything to say to the kid, you say it to me first. You understand?’ ”

The director huffed away, and the man turned around. It was Malden.

“He said, ‘I’ve been watching you. You look like you like to learn … I like to teach. How about if I’m your teacher?’ So Karl Malden was my master class for 16 weeks every day from that point on,” he says. “What a lesson!”

Even though this Emmy- and Golden Globe-nominated actor has an impressive résumé laden with hit shows like Chicago Hope and St. Elsewhere, as well as films such as Summer School, The Presidio, and the 2003 version of Freaky Friday (starring his old pal Jamie Lee Curtis), Harmon still finds it hard to admit he’s “made it” in this business. Not even being named People magazine’s Sexiest Man Alive in 1986 convinced Harmon of his stardom.

“I just thought it was silly,” he says of the title, adding with a chuckle, “and I can’t imagine taking it seriously.” Instead of holding on to past glories, he focuses on how much more he can learn in the industry.

“I’ve never gone on any set without taking something from it,” he says. “I’m there to find out something I don’t know today that I will know tomorrow. From the very, very beginning, it’s always been trying to maintain some sort of longevity. That’s the idea, to try and keep learning, to try and keep growing and adding to your bag of tricks.”

His most recent gig, NCIS, is nothing short of a CBS gem, ranking in the top tier of prime-time shows last fall. Harmon, who stars as Leroy Jethro Gibbs, acts like a proud father, pleased that a series so close to his heart is making an impression on viewers.

The show centers on special agents who investigate any crime that could be connected to Navy and Marine Corps personnel. Comparisons to JAG and CSI once fluttered around, but today the drama can stand on its own. “I think we’re doing it better now than we were doing it last year or the year before,” Harmon says. “There’s no one on this crew or cast who doesn’t want to be there. This is as talented of an ensemble group as I’ve ever been around.”

Also starring Lauren Holly and Michael Weatherly, NCIS was created as a character-driven, humor-laced series by JAG executive producer Donald P. Bellisario. The premise originally drew Harmon into the fold, and it’s kept him excited ever since. Having a tight-knit group of actors to spend 16 hours a day with, starting at 6:30 a.m., doesn’t hurt, either.

“Listen, if we’re going to spend that kind of time [together], we better like each other,” he says. “And [we] better have some fun doing it. … But from the very first day, it’s always been about the work. The style of what we do is different and unusual. Actors want to work this show. They’ve heard about this show. The reputation precedes this
    show.”

Harmon’s ever-present attitude of gratitude could come from his years spent as a heralded collegiate football star, or from his close-knit upbringing in Los Angeles by his All-American running back father, Tom Harmon, and his mother, Hollywood beauty Elyse Knox. Harmon says he treasures the memories of helping his father with his weekly football broadcasts from the Los Angeles Coliseum, running copy to the press box, and then sneaking off to the field down below.

“I’d run down some tunnel—I used to love to get out of the other end of it, where there was nobody else in the stadium, and you could just look at the beauty of the field,” he recalls. “All the colors and the smell of the grass, all of it. I used to say, ‘Wow! Someday, wouldn’t that be something to come out of there as a player?’ ”

When he was 19, he stood, clad in UCLA gold and blue, right there in that same tunnel, in front of 90,000 screaming fans during a 1972 game against Nebraska.

“In many ways, playing at UCLA was, for me, a complete dream come true. A fantasy. [It also brought] my dad and I extremely close together,” says Harmon. “I just appreciate having had him as long as we did here, and me having the opportunity to be his son as long as I had that opportunity. … I’ll always be appreciative of that—win, loss, doesn’t matter.”

Harmon’s athletic background continues to help him focus on a game plan during his jobs on the set or on the stage. He says he aims for perfection, learns from his errors, and takes notes on how to improve his game. But he’s also big on living in the moment.

As a father of two teenage sons, Harmon keeps an unobtrusive yet constant boundary between his work andfamily life.

“I don’t know if either [my wife or I] confuses what is the work part of what we do and what is the family part of what we do. And that’s been from the beginning,” Harmon says. “This is a job, and I try to do it well. And it’s important that there’s a perspective kept on that. I don’t think what I do or what my wife does is any different from any other job. There are different ways that people look at it. But the work ethic is the same.”

Inevitably, people ask Harmon if he and Dawber will work together, perhaps on NCIS. That decision, he says, is up to her.

“The truth is, if you line 10 scripts up on the table and said, ‘Which ones do you want to do,’ 9.999 out of 10, we would choose different material,” he says. “When the day is done, she’s from the Midwest and I’m from Burbank.” They’ve shared the stage before, though, as well as credits on 1999’s Remember April. Adds Harmon with a laugh, “I don’t think either one of us are looking forward to visiting that again any time soon.”

But they must know something many other Hollywood couples don’t because after nearly two decades together they’re still going strong. The couple knew of each other before they met through a friend, and Harmon had also seen Dawber in an off-Broadway production of The Pirates of Penzance. So what’s the secret to their marital success?

“I think you’ve got to be lucky,” he says. “You don’t always make strong choices, you don’t always make right choices. You do your best.”

Harmon and Dawber prioritize their family time and try to keep it as normal as possible. Although NCIS shoots for 10 months of the year, Harmon isn’t always keen to jump right into another project during the show’s hiatus. At times, he’ll try to fulfill his love of stage acting by joining a production, but other times, he’ll schedule a three-week family vacation.

“When you’re a parent, everything from school conferences, to plays, to first Little League games, to what you’re doing on Saturday, those are moments,” he says. “And it’s a collection of moments. How many did you see? How many did you witness?”

A few years ago, Harmon learned how important those moments can be when he witnessed a near-fatal moment for two young drivers.

It all began with a shattering crunch that Harmon and Dawber heard from inside their Los Angeles-area house. Harmon checked on their sons to make sure they were safe, and Dawber went outside to investigate. She found that two boys had crashed their car. Flames threatened to overtake the vehicle and trap the boys inside. Dawber called 911, and Harmon ran for his sledgehammer in the garage. He smashed out the windows, yanked the boys from the burning wreckage, and pulled them to safety just before the car exploded.

“During those moments in the middle of that, it was like everything slowed down. I had an inordinate amount of time,” he recalls. “In reality, I didn’t. There was no time to spare in any of this. There was not three seconds on either side to spare.”

The next morning, as he left to take his boys to school, a swarm of reporters converged on his house, looking for the story about Harmon’s heroics. What was important to him was finding out how the boys were doing. He had no idea if they were dead or alive.

As it turns out, they both survived, though they suffered burns. Harmon still keeps in touch with them, he says. “We were lucky to help,” Harmon adds. “We stepped up, and we helped. Which is different than most people. Some people don’t do that. And you know what? That’s fine. That’s their thing. Not my thing. We reacted. We did it. And these two kids have a life because of that.

“It changed people. That experience that night changed anyone who was involved.”

• Der Mann ist wirklich einfach nur super... :)
    Jetzt wissen wir also auch, dass er sein eigenes Leben aufs Spiel setzt, um andere Leben zu retten...ein wahrer Held...*schmacht*

Aber was die Schauspieler auch auf sich nehmen, nur um eine super geile Serie für die Fans zu präsentieren, ist echt der Hammer...16 Stunden pro Tag Szenen drehen etc und das 10 Monate im Jahr...wow...wie machen die das bloß??... :rolleyes: